Just a quick note that will interest those of you who are looking for a staff position with a union. The Society of United Professionals, IFPTE Local 160, is looking for a Senior Financial Officer for its office in Toronto. They have asked us to get the word out and so below is the posting for the position.
The Society of United Professionals, IFPTE Local 160, is seeking a Senior Finance Officer. The Senior Finance Officer has primary responsibility for the integrity and organization of the Society’s financial records and procedures, and for providing reports and advice to management, elected officers and committees.
The successful applicant will have a minimum of:
• A Bachelor’s degree in a finance-related field, or equivalent.
• CPA accounting designation.
• At least 5 years of experience in a senior finance role.
The successful applicant will also have:
• Ability to accept primary responsibility for the maintenance of accurate and complete financial records for the Society in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Ability to prepare routine and ad-hoc financial statements and reports, and be able to brief non-experts about those statements and reports.
• Ability to provide financial advice to the EVP-Finance, Finance Committee, Executive Committee, Executive Board and Society Council.
• Ability to administer payroll, pension and benefits.
• Ability to work independently to meet established deadlines, and to respond to emergent requests.
• Ability to write clearly to document procedures and prepare recommendations and proposals which will be read by a lay audience.
• Ability to communicate orally to convey information and provide instruction and advice to others regarding procedures.
• Effective supervision of other accounting staff.
This permanent, unionized position, located in midtown Toronto, comes with very competitive salary, pension and benefits. The job is based on a 35-hour week, Monday to Friday, with occasional requirement for travel and evening and weekend work.
Applications should include a cover letter, resume and references. Please submit applications by September 19, 2018 to David Empey, Staff Director at email@example.com with the subject line “Senior Finance Officer Application”.